Praca: Kelner / Kelnerka
Ogłoszenie numer: 1913183, z dnia 08-02-2018
Kelner / Kelnerka
A luxurious, ocean front country club in Vero Beach, Florida, is hiring Food & Beverage international workers to work for them from October 2018 through April/May 2019 under the H-2B visa program.
John’s Island Club is an exceptional member-owned private club located in Vero Beach – midway on Florida’s east coast. Its golf, tennis, and dining and banquet facilities are truly superb, and they strive to offer our members first-class service in all areas. John’s Island Club typically seek a large number of staff in our Food & Beverage Service and Culinary areas, in addition to some additional staff in Golf, Tennis, Health and Fitness and Environmental Services.
Program length: 6 months*, with possible extension to other employers upon completion of the program, for up to 36 months.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Takes food, beverage and cocktail orders, and services these orders in a timely, efficient manner, according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responsible for the set-up of service areas: server stations, kitchen, and dining room.
- Maintains a high level of safety and cleanliness and keeps service areas in an orderly fashion at all times.
- Provides suggestions and answers questions to the members for menu selections.
- Knowledgeable of the menu and how all items are prepared.
- Readily accessible and attentive to members at all times.
- Must be able to work rapidly during rush periods and follow the requests of supervisors.
- Report to work in a neat and clean uniform. Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential.
- Fine Dining Experience helpful, but not mandatory – it will be seen as a plus by the employer
- Excellent command of the English language
- Personality and attitude are the most important factors apart from English fluency
- No big tattoos on visible parts of the body
- Must be able to take and pass certain, specific academic/vocational courses as required by the needs of the Club.
- Ability to communicate and understand the directions of supervisors.
- Telephone communication skills
- Must have knowledge of proper methods of etiquette and Food and Beverage service.
- Good judgment.
- Prior experience in Food and Beverage fine dining service helpful.
- Airline tickets from home country to Florida will be arranged by the employer
- Airport pickup and transfer will be provided by the employer
- Fine service training during first weeks of work provided by the employer gives a lot of opportunities to learn about fine foods & wine
- Free meals and drinks during shift hours
- Transportation to and from work will be provided
- Uniforms will be provided (except shoes – which must be black, non-skid)
- Visa Fee will be reimbursed when you start working
- Drug test performed on arrival – free of charge
- Housing: Housing is optional and can be arranged by the club at a weekly fee of approx. $90/week (for shared accommodation) and deducted from employee paychecks. Three bedroom furnished apartments with two participants per room.
Salary: Approx. $2400 +tips